Friday, October 3, 2008

Assumptions...

Wondering how this word is related to each one of us? I guess, this is one word that can be easily associated with all of us as we tend to assume a pretty good amount of things in our life. If a friend misses to look at our face and give that everyday look, we tend to assume that either she is unhappy or she's angry, no matter what the reason is. In fact, she would have been busy thinking something in her head and hence that stare. But no... we have to assume.. we have to assume on almost everything..



I dont know why people have stopped asking direct questions to each other or is it that its more easier to assume on something and then keep quite. Assumptions.. the word which's an integral part of the accounting job that I do.. but I think there's exactly where this one thought should be limited to also. It need not have become so much of a past of our day to day thoughts.. and emotions. Assumptions.. I assumed that he doesnt love me... I assumed that you would come this way... I assumed that you would do this for me.. I assumed.. and I assumed... why??? why??? all these great words in this simple life..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why blame the word. whats wrong with the word? You assume if you want to ....and dont if you dont want to. simple?

SandyaS said...

Hi.. there is no blame on the word though its always the words that cause pain in a person. That was just a thought.. my thought.. and what you said is exactly that we all end up doing
"You assume if you want to ....and dont if you dont want to. simple" :-)