Friday, October 3, 2008

Going the Other Way !

There were lot of clothes in my laundry bag, waiting to be washed off and ironed and since yesterday was off, I readily soaked all of them without delay. By evening they all had dried up and just one press and they can all be kept back into my suitcase. As such ironing is one thing that I hate doing, I guess there's hardly 5-8 times, in my lifetime, that I have actually endured into this process. But this time it had a different reason and hence a different feel - my stubbornness was the reason and the feel was a happy one, of having achieved completing it without depending on anyone, not even the ironing wala.

One look back and I can always say that most of the beautiful things I am proud of having done is always or mostly backed up by my stubbornness of not being ready to let go. Its the urge to prove that I can still go ahead, that makes me achieve new horizons (though its a big word, am using it here) in life. Its this urge that helps me to endure in those basic things that I have always hated doing Myself, but then once done, it becomes another habit and hence forth a part of the routine. It helps me to be independent, I can say only for myself though...

I am not trying to deny the evr knwn fact that no man can ever be independent, they are all inter dependent in one or the other way. But my independence would mean being able to do things on my own in the worst situations; its not the being which is independent, but the mindset that is getting altered here; altered enough to include changes in the routine, which is one hell of a difficult thing.

I guess I would vote for a little bit of stubbornness and ego as always required for every human, but yes of course, just a little bit :-) Even if we look at the various books preaching on individual improvement, I guess, all of those practices and thinking pattern does require stubbornness and ego as the bare minimum qualities. Thinking a little loud have we thought - If not for the stubbornness how can any person stick on to positive thinking when he is at the worst of the situations? If not for the ego and the desire to be the best among a group, how can any organisation manage a strengthy competition among the colleagues?

May be a little negativity is always required in everything. If not for that little black dot how will we ever know about the white that is spread all around? If not for that one moment of hatred that we have felt, how will we ever recognise the flowing love? I think that's all it is.. there is no bad qualities in a person... it is all good and more important - a requirement to have all those feelings.. all those feelings that can ever emerge in a man's mind, if and if at all they are all within the limits and it helps the man to move forward.. to clear off the path and move forward through the wilderness. The Hard Self is as important as the Soft one.. no one can ever be all good and nothing bad, i guess.. though I would say that there are many a individuals trying for this feeling of being the all good self...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear, Are you fighting against your stubborness or are you trying to use your stubborness to fight against something/someone?

"May be a little negativity is always required in everything" - NO. Have you done the litmus test for acid/alkaline in school? Just a drop of it changes the colour. Just that little drop. A drop of lime can spoil milk.
May be your stubborness is making you say this... Or you still dint find enough reasons to change(improve)?

Be happy **

SandyaS said...

Yeah that's right what you said..

"Or you still dint find enough reasons to change(improve)?"

There are really not enough reasons to change.. and when i look, there is almost nothing that is so completely positive. The universe in itself has both the Ying and Yang. So why fight within yourself to change. I am just more than happy enough to Know what's happening with me..