Friday, June 20, 2008

Another date in life


My brother was browsing through the engineering counselling updates when I called him up today morning. We spoke for sometime and then as usual gave the phone to my mom. Since we both know that she can go on and on talking for hours together he gave the phone warning her to talk and finish in the next 10 mints. I could hear her laughing at it and taking the phone she called me "mole". Mother.. my mother.. today even after 3 years of my marriage I have not had that blessing to know this feeling ... the feeling of protecting someone ... Anyways, rather than talking of the have not's I prefer to talk about what I have, here today.

So, I was telling about my mother.. thinking about it I can easily say that I sometimes tend to share a very special kind of a relationship with some people in my life and one of the most important one is the relationship with my mother. A lot of people would say that they share a friendly relationship with their parents and if I say the same for mine, it wouldn't sound so different. I'll take a little twist here just to let you know how different my bond is... "My mom is one person whom I hate the most in my life and also the person whom I love the most in my life.." Now does this sound a little odd??? May be our bond also is..!!! A little too odd.. We can fight.. fight to the extent of getting into fist fights and boxing.. we sometimes hurt each other through harsh words and pointing fingers out.. we tell openly that we hate each other.. and there in the next moment or in a day or two we are the best of pals .. we seek out to each other at times of depression and sadness.. we hold on to each other at times of greatest joy.. and we tell we love each other so much..

Now I think you would have got what exactly I meant when I said it's little too odd.. Writing this i am wondering .. is all or most of the mother - daughter bond like this.. ??? I am not sure.. the only thing I am sure of, now, is that I'll always stand up to protect my mother and will love her all through my life... since the life I have, is what I inherited from her.

No comments: