Monday, June 23, 2008

Birthday Time

Happy Birthday….!!!!

It’s my colleague’s birthday today and we all are waiting to celebrate it in office. The attraction is the creamy cake that we would be cutting up and the snacks that would be served thereafter.

I am remembering the days, when the b’day would start as early at 4 or 5AM in the morning. A cold shower, blessings from the elders at home and then a visit to the temple wearing the new skirt and blouse (pattu pavada)

The luxurious lunch in the afternoon is the main course of the day, with the varieties of dishes laid on a plantain leaf and the sweet kheer (payasam) in the end.


I wish I had a time machine with which I could go past and live all those days once again... to experience the innocence and the joy of every moment.

1 comment:

jeffrey zed said...

birthdays hold warm memories in my thought stream as well.

i don't think the current runs one way. perhaps someday the tides will shift back to past times and you will get to relive those warm innocent memories for the first time again.