Friday, April 3, 2009

All about the feeling of Music

Even if I listen to the same song a dozen times, I wouldnt be able to recollect the lyrics of it. The only thing that creeps into my thoughts when I try to remember the songs that I have listened to would be the feeling that the music let enter into me - if it was a nice soulful one, or those big bang types.

Nancy tagged me to put in 10 favourite songs. My all times fvourites would be those fusion and chantings and yet, out here I have tried and put in some of those Malayalam songs that I would love to listen to

Shyaama Vaanil -Movie Name : Aanachandam (2006)
Music Director : Jason J Nair; Lyrics : Kaithapram

Katte Nee Veesaruthippol -Movie Name : Meghamalhar (2001)
Singer : Chithra K S; Music Director : Ramesh Narayanan; Lyrics : Kurup O N V

Oru Naru Pushpamayi -Movie Name : Meghamalhar (2001)
Singer : Chithra K S; Music Director : Ramesh Narayanan; Lyrics : Kurup O N V

Ennu Varum Nee - Movie Name : Kannagi (2002)
Singer : Chithra K S; Music Director : Kaithapram Viswanathan; Lyrics : Kaithapram Damodaran Namboothiri

Chentharmizhi - Movie Name : Perumazhakaalam (2005)
Singer : Chitra K S, Madhu Balakrishnan; Music Director : Jayachandran M; Lyrics : Kaithapram
Ashadam - Movie Name : Mazha (1982)
Singer : Chithra K S, Yesudas KJ;Music Director : Raveendran; Lyrics : Usha

Aaro Viral - Movie Name : Pranaya Varnankal (1998)
Singer : Chithra K S; Music Director : Vidya Sagar; Lyrics : Girish Puthenchery

Mellayonnu - Movie Name : Manassinakkare
Singer : Jyotsna, Yesudas K J; Music Director : Ilayaraja; Lyrics : Girish Puthenchery

Pooja Bhimpam - Movie Name : Harikrishnans (1998)
Singer : Chithra K S, Yesudas KJ; Music Director : Ouseppachan; Lyrics : Kaithapram Damodaran Namboothiri

Vathil Pazhuthilude - Movie Name : Idanazhiyil Oru Kaalocha (1987)
Singer : Chithra K S; Music Director : Dakshina Murthy; Lyrics : Kurup O N V

Now for some of those Chantings/Classical/Fusion that I love listening to over and over again

The Other Rythm - Album Shankar Mahadevan and team

Sivamansapooja

Bhavani Ashtakam

Vaidhyanathashtakam

Madhurashtakam

Ashtalakhmi Ashtakam

Kalabhairavastakam

Sriman Narayana

Guru Ashtakam

Holy Chants

Hope you enjoyed my favourites :-)

1 comment:

Reflections said...

I recognise most of the movie names & have seen 3-4 of them.
I too like the shyaama vaanil & Aaro viral songs....;-)).