Thursday, October 1, 2009

Away ... Far Away I went


I felt reeally great when a few of them checked out if I was doing fine and why am not posting any new blogs. Thanks a lot for checking out on me ;-)


Hmmm ... so it’s been more than 2 months since I became silent and am sure a lot of you would be anxious to know what really happened.

I was busy planning and executing that long awaited dream of travelling all 3000 miles from Cochin to Dubai .. of running into the arms of my better half. ;-)


I guess its all about what they call as “The Right Time”. At times it is so very difficult to work out the simplest of the things, but once the Right Time sets in, everything will fall into place and its all done before you even realize it. That is exactly what happened with me this time. We had tried to work out so many different plans in the past but everything in vain and this time, every part was done in an effortless, unhindered flow.

And thus….. Sandya gets a Resident Visa to land in the city of Dubai and finally there is a stamping in her Passport.

(I don’t want to include allll the details in this one post. So let me take time and post my experiences one by one)

As for stay out there, I had a whole lot of First time experiences.
For the
1st time I travelled in an Airplane

1st time I went out of Country

1st time in 5 years, me and my other half watched a movie in a Theatre


1st time I tried a Japanese Delicacy - Sushi ( It was a disaster and I could'nt manage the 2nd bite :D )

1st time I saw the Live Band playing Music

1st time I saw Vending Machines give away water bottles (never got to see this in Cochin or Trivandrum) :P



1st time I relished the combination of ripe Strawberries dipped in Chocolate {thanks to Nancy for mentioning about it } ;-)


1st time I ever saw so many people of different nationalities around me :O


There are a lot more of first time’s but then you shouldn’t end up thinking am naïve and so let it be Secret :P



On the whole It was a wonderful trip I had, except for the initial adjustment problems with heat, humidity and price (I ended up converting everything to INR) :D

There's more.. just give me a few days to catch up ;-)

2 comments:

Reflections said...

Aha...now I understand;-D

Belated tho it is, let me wish U...

WELCOME TO DUBAI SANDHYA!!!!!!

Had a big smile on my face when I read abt the strawberries & choclate.....yummy huh but it gets a bit too sweet towards the end, right???

And u knw wht I've never tried sushi till today....somehow I knew I wont like it....and now u have confirmed my fears;-D

SandyaS said...

:-) thanks

i'll never recommend shushi to anyone ;-)