Wednesday, March 11, 2009

U tell Go Away and there.. Am Gone

It was during my high school days that once my mom got so very angry with me that she put me outside the door and asked me to go away. I don’t remember the reason now; but it has to be something related to my reading sessions. Cos if there's a book around me then my routine would be something like this - wake up with the book, continue lying down with it and sometime in the noon rush to brush the teeth and get back on the cot with the book, grabbing some dosas or snacks. Till the time I finish reading the entire book I'll glued onto the cot even if it means to lie there without food.

Surely must have been a tough thing for my mom to handle and so now when I think back, absolutely no wonder why I got so many bashings. Imagine the girl who’s supposed to learn the household - to keep the house beautifully, has parked herself onto the cot for the whole day with all the books spread across. Not a great picture, Isnt it?

So one fine day when my mom lost all her patience she asked me to get out of the house. And as if I had no disapproval on her command (but then the tears gave away); I went ahead and started on my way. (hahahahaha)

“Okie.. Now that am out of the house where do I go? Hmmm okie I can walk till it becomes evening and then by night I can get into
Plan A -- Some house and I can ask them to make me their maid and then along with the household I can also continue my studies.
Plan B -- An orphanage that would give me shelter and then I can stay there forever taking care of the younger ones.”

All moms’, who’s reading this, please know that this is exactly what is going on in your girl’s thoughts when you fight with them and tell something rude. Not the mistake of the mother or the child; just that this is how it mostly works around like.

Okie now for the later part of the story; my mom came running behind me as she had seen me closing the gate behind. And with much pampering she got me home and as soon as I got inside the house surely got one whack on my back for going away just like that.

Something really funny that I remembered this incident now. The fact is somehow, somewhere down the lane, this became part of my character. Even today I don’t stay when am asked to leave or when my presence is not entertained – either explicitly or by sheer accident. Be it a party or a get together; be it my friends, parents, brother or my husband – the moment I feel or they tell it out due to some upsetting matters, I Leave. But only with the hope that they’ll call me back as, always I believe that they along with me only makes it a complete one.

No comments: