Friday, June 19, 2009

Bore-in(g) Blog

After a pretty long gap I got to talk to an age old friend recently and one thing he asked me to do was to write a Boring Blog. He had seen all the updates I made in FB about the 1 year completion and had called up to speak to me on an impulse, I guess. Anyways, he called up and just how it happen nowadays, for friends daring to speak to me , he ended up listening to all my worries as I poured out. We ended up having a very long conversation though I would rather say a long monologue since after the initial 15 minutes my speech was limited to a ‘Yes’, ‘Yeah’, “Okie”, ‘I’ll do’ and all that

It was a pleasant conversation (somehow he does manage that with his 'gyan') and he spoke about the sessions he’s taken on how to remain motivated, appreciate the self, having GT’s Good Time) and by the end of the call he was getting ready to be my PIP not considering his old age (…am sure he wouldn't sneak in to read this and so only boldly mentioning about his age else would I ever dare do it? :P… by the way its 'Partner In Pranks')

He talked for long about how to make every single day beautiful in simple ways. Later on when I thought about them, I felt they were things that wouldn’t take any special effort from us but yet the outcome could be very positive and encouraging.

*Don’t forget to pat yourself and tell “Hey that was a nice job that you did”

Ofcourse there are few times when we do appreciate ourselves but we don’t do it that frequently and specially not every day. At least I don’t do it and so when he told me about this I found it quite strange.

But then, on an afterthought the question that came up was 'Why shouldn't I do it often?' I can always tell myself after the regular walk that “Hey Sandya that was a cool thing to do today, Great my dear!” and feel nice about myself for a second. I can take that moment to feel good inside once done with my tasks at work. We can always take time to appreciate ourselves instead of waiting for someone else to do it for us. And another advantage of practicing to appreciate oneself would be that we wouldn’t forget to appreciate the efforts of others, the ones around us. And ofcourse this is one thing that every organization is looking for in a good team and this is exactly the best way to improve today’s deteriorating family bondage. What do you say?

* Take time to unwind during weekends

“Not in a boring city like this” - the first thought that crossed my mind then and was quite embarrassed to know that he was not mentioning about roaming in Malls and wailing away time doing window shopping. Things he suggested were quite simple like staying lazy at home trying out a different hairstyle, watching some cartoons or a funny movie that can make you laugh out loud, Calling up the close people and talking to them, laughing out at the GOT’s (Good Old Times) Since my weekends usually ends up with a fat book and some snacks in hand, I found his suggestions exciting.

The ideas that he gave me doesn’t need that mountain of effort but somewhere with the passage of time most of us a few of us have got into that “Boring Days” mode. There’s many a time when we wonder how we can kill time instead of enjoying the time that we have. We get into hobbies so that there is something that we can do quite monotonously and in a few weeks we actually forget to enjoy that process too. I feel it is just an extension to this, when we start looking for that ‘something’ to do add spice into our present – the present where job’s become boring, days are monotonous, conversations are depressing and emotions tumbling.

Boredom is a sure thing to cross paths with those single women over 25 and married ones staying alone. As for the guys they pretty much find their own getaways with the boozing sessions and long rides, I hope. And among the married people, staying together as family, they might never stop to take that time and look around in order to realize if there’s any boredom. The only possibility for them could be that they feel life’s become a little too monotonous [from where I sit Grass is surely Greener on the Other Side ;-) ]

So are you bored in life?
How about doing the same things that we do everyday, but for a change, take that second to appreciate ourselves for doing it and tell within that we did have a Good Time doing it?
Why don’t we try something crazy and have another GT?

Lets bore that boredom out of life :-) Wat say?


1 comment:

glnroz said...

You are not boring at all. I enjoyed your post. I enjoy hearing the comments from people that are at the opposite end of the poles from each other. Thanks for letting me visit your site. you are welcom to visit mine. www.glnroz33.blogspot.com,,have a good day