Monday, June 1, 2009

There's many a times when I fear

"Are you afraid of Death" that's what she asked and as always the immediate answer that crossed my mind was "No..am not" But she continued her talk and as I listened to her I lost the conviction in my answer. She continued...

"There are people who agrees with you when you ask them if they are scared of Death and there are many who seems to have no fear when their hair loses it color. But more than the death of physical body, we are trying to concentrate here on the psychological death which can happen every moment for a person. The fear of losing a friend can be compared to fear of death - of a relationship. The fear of falling behind in your work is very similar to the fear of death - of an impression. And likewise it goes on and most people experience this fear of death in every moment of their life. Now do you accept that you are not afraid of death? It is something that most of the people feel about a ten times in every day of their life. All fear eventually boils down to the fear of dissolution, the fear of death and its cause is the existence of Self. It is the fear of losing something that I Own. Enlightenment is the only process where the Self dies and Fear loses its foot ground

The first step towards realisation is to know where you are, what your fears are about. Bhagavan says "You can only start from where you are and not from where you want to be" So get inside yourselves and understand what you are like, your fears and your feelings"

And that's exactly when I related to what she was talking about. I am afraid... I do have the fear of death - of relationships, of future, of hope.. of love. How do we come out of it am not sure. Though the same subject will be discussed in further episodes of the programme I wouldn't be able to watch them, but I do hope that a little contemplation on the topic would help me understand it and pick it up from there.

And to support my efforts these words would always ring in my ears

"Change is Eternal in life. And its only because of Change that Love is possible in our lives. Situations, people and feelings Change and that is the only reason why we should be able to Love every situation and Live in the present. Once this is past it would be gone forever and you wouldn't get a chance to enjoy them again!"

No comments: