Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Its beautiful when the skies turn dark

A walk in the evening is always refreshing and nowadays am just too eager to get out of my room and on to the road. Passing by those unknown faces staring at you, sometimes do send a chill through my spine. Mostly all of them would be people leaving eagerly to get back to their loved ones at home. As for me, staring hard at the setting sun and feeling that cold wind blow away the drops of sweat makes those walks a nice getaway. All the more, it gives me that time to be on my own, in my own world and thoughts.

And then there's many a time when I topple over a stone, slither on the smooth ground caused by the rain and walk along blindly ahead, just to know where I reach in the end.

And that makes me wonder - Isn't the journey of our life also laid out in a similar manner? We can have a destination or a goal in mind and walk along trying out the different paths available, to reach there. We also have certain situations where we know surely the road to be taken but is unknown of the destination that it would take us to. And then we take that path and keep moving forward until we know what exactly is there, at the end of it.

The important thing I guess, is that on a retrospect, which ever option we take, all of it has to be a gratifying journey - Either we would have reached our desired destination or We would have known where exactly the Path is leading to. And all the more significant is, to enjoy the journey itself, isn't it? The cool breeze, the heat, sweat, feel of those obliging muscles....

A long time before, I was associated with an organisation that talked a lot about Walking Meditation. And being there I have both heard and witnessed a lot of miracles that a simple walk can do to your mind and also the things around. A sincere touch can bring back life to the dried grass beneath. A deep breath can make you feel inside, the same energy that is there around you, outside. Its been a long time now and I regret that I have lost the connecting loop to all those simple experiences. And that makes me wonder how much does it take to be simple - within and all around.

Quite a lot I guess... Simplicity isn't something that comes as simple as that. What do you say?


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


* Check out this post to see those beautiful expressions of the Sky above.

No comments: