Monday, December 29, 2008

For the First time in a Long time..



For the first time in a Long time.. (dialogue from the movie 'Shall We Dance')

--> It felt nice to spend time at home without having to think of rushing back the next day to work place.

--> It felt nice to spend sometime with relatives, to see those niece and nephew of mine all grown up.

--> It felt nice to cook a simple meal and have a fine, complete dinner all together

And with all these nice feelings, I want to quote a few lines that came across in the same movie mentioned above.

"Why do people get married?
Cos, there are so many people out there in this world that nothing you do matters to anyone else. But in a marriage, you're promising to care about everything. The good things, the bad things, the terrible things, the mundane things... all of it, all of the time, every day. You are promising your partner that "Your life will not go unnoticed, coz I will notice it and I, shall be the Witness for your Life"
Very romantic line, of course. And I guess, that's what every person is looking out for - for that one person, who'll hold your hands and make you walk through your path, in this lifetime.

I had been to see my aunt who's affected by Cancer, yesterday and one thing that she mentioned to all of us or rather, to all the people who went to meet her was that, at this stage when she's looking back, she specifically wants to thank her parents and my uncle's parents, as, if not for them, she wouldn't have got my uncle in her life. At this juncture of her life, she was very proud of her partner . It really moistened our eyes and heart to listen to her talking lovingly about her husband; giving him the honor of being almost equivalent to the God himself. And this made me remember the words of my PG Aunt in B'lore.

"Have you seen those old couples holding hands and walking around? That's the most beautiful thing that can happen in anyone's life - to still be able to hold hands with your partner at the age of 60+ . Cos, there would be so much that you have gone through by then in life, that, if you are still able to hold on to each other, then that's real love. That's where Love actually begins, in its true sense."

As a new year is beginning, I want to hold hands with all of my people around. I want to keep that love around all so lively, that there's no more room for any kind of pain.

And thus I wish.... for the first time in a very long long time..... :-)

No comments: