Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Time for Everything

Time for Everything
--------------------------------

There's a time for everything and a season,
for every activity under heaven;
A time to be born and a time to die;
A time to plant and a time to uproot;
A time to kill and a time to heal;
A time to tear down and a time to build;
A time to weep and a time to laugh;
A time to mourn and a time to dance;
A time to scatter stones and a time to gather them;
A time to embrace and a time to refrain;
A time to search and a time to give up;
A time to keep and a time to throw away;
A time to tear and a time to mend;
A time for war and a time for peace!


Now that am sitting at home, trying to concentrate on the books in front of me, its just natural to wander about, through my age old belongings - my autograph books, collection of stickers, cards & letters from my friends passing on their love and my diary with quite a lot of information that I have completely forgotten now ;-) It felt so nice to go through those old times.

The poem above is one that I found in the diary and right now am not very sure from where I found this one then. But I do quite surely know that I had no idea of the below information, the time when this poem was collected.

"Ecclesiastes is a book of the Hebrew Bible. The main speaker in the book, identified by the name Qohelet, introduces himself as "son of David, and king in Jerusalem." The work consists of personal or autobiographic matter, with reflections on the meaning of life and the best way of life."

1 comment:

Marina Charles said...

This is from the Bible,if you see the Ecclesiastes chapeter 3
Verse 1-15, you will find it there.