Thursday, November 27, 2008

Its Thanksgiving and am Celebrating!


A lot of events have made today another great day in my life and so I thought its worth blogging about it..

1. Though it was raining and too cold in morning, I still had to wake up early in the morning and get out to give a surprise b'day for one our friends and so we all got together at one point, went to his home and woke him up with all Happy Birthday shouts. The morning diet started with 2 huge pieces of chocolate pastry and the sandwiches, another friend had got, filled our stomach and kept us patient till noon. Surprises always brings in an adrenaline rush in me whenever am one among the parties to it - Giver or Receiver!

2. I got a comment on my blog from PS and then my day, today, was completely made. So now, I can boast among all my friends that even a famous Author is one among the readers of My Blog.. (hahaha)

3. With all the excitement, suddenly I remembered that the other part of our world is celebrating Thanksgiving and since most of us are part of the global economy today, I suddenly got this great idea of celebrating it myself and what better way to celebrate it than to show my gratitude through yet another blog.. (sorry guys :D ... dont curse me for this)

(gratitude rocks)

First of all, THANKS to Marina! (flower) who introduced me to blogging. I have had a nice time writing, reading and browsing through some beautiful things....

Secondly, THANKS to Latesha! (l'tle smaller flower since she wouldn't be able to hold a huge one) for listening to me, my logic and my thoughts all the time.. I really dont know what I would do once you leave this place.. :D

Thirdly, THANKS to Paru, Lakshmi and Nisha (flower) Without you ppl, memories about this part of my life would have been a little frustrating. But now, I have enough things in store to remember and laugh at - Paru and all her chu's, Lakshmi (just remember the name and a flood of memories would follow) and ofcourse Nisha and CD's :-)

Fourth, THANKS to Anand and Rames (flower) With all the house parties that we have had together I would no longer be an embarassement when I go Pubbing in future and more importantly, I'll be able to relate and pitch in during those talks about branded drinks/mix.

Fifth, THANKS to all of them - my close friends, parents, Mon and Rajesh (huge bouquet of flowers) for being there for me, for listening to all the stupid things I had to tell, for agreeing with me in the end, always, for loving me and for taking care of me. THANK YOU!

The list surely doesn't end here.. there are some more people for whom I am thankful at heart, in private ;-) (hehehe) THANK YOU!!!


4. Now, this part is not about about happiness or fun. The terrorist attack that happened last evening in Mumbai claimed more than 100 lives and some of them were efficient Police personnels. The news channels are flooded with remarks from the World Leaders, their views on situation, cause, impact and preventive actions. I am not quite sure how many of those would be actually implemented, on the preventive side.

Its kind of daunting to think that right now, in one part of the country there's tear filled eyes and scared faces glancing through windows and in another part am gleefully blogging. May be its just more easier this way, to face sorrow and fear when it actually comes to you. Sitting here, the only thing I can do is to pray for all the families, who have lost a part of them. That they should very soon be able to gain the momentum back in their lives.

5. Finally, THANKS to the Creator and Saviour (a garden of flowers), for am still alive and existing, to face another day in life, whether good or bad.. but atleast I can continue to Experience!

*******************************

3 comments:

Laura Jayne said...

What beautiful thanks you offer. Lovely and beautiful and so very moving.

SandyaS said...

Laura: Thanks :-)

literally stupid said...

great, waiting to see more of you!