Thursday, February 26, 2009

Picture Perfect or Mirage


A good friend for a short but yet a long time, I had always thought of him as that little bro whose better capabilities were hidden deep inside, thriving to prove it all to himself and the world outside. And ofcourse that specific impression I created was pretty good a reason for me to get all still shocked and pinch myself to realise the matter of fact that I had actually missed out on a very important portion of his lifetime, which lied buried deep down - that he's a Widower. Something that I just couldnt come in agreement with, considering the loss that has befallen him at the young age of 26 - Loss of his Love!

How much do we know about the people who we relate to, day in and out? How much do we know about the people whom we tell, are among the ones close to our heart? I am just wondering now! Or is it that in every relationship we share, it's absolutely fine to know just that what is enough, about the other one. Not very sure on anything, but this is one thing that has caught me in the middle and is wandering in the back of my mind.

On putting a little thought on this, if I take my parents, I really don't know much about their life, though am a very important part of them. I know, just enough to relate to some of those few old times that they have spent in school or college or at home. I only know about some of those very few incidents that they have felt inspired at and been happy for. And then the rest of all that I know about my parents is the picture that I have created for My Father and Mother. Even if I try to think now as to what they really are, at some juncture it always merge in with this impression I have created and then the effort to get it back to know them as they really are, is little enormous.

When we talk about husband, wife, friends and who ever that cross in life, a major part of their image is something that is created by us in our mind with that one talk or a glance at them. But how far does this picture that we have created match with the real person is something to be actually thought of I guess. It could be the way they talk, walk, care or handle a situation that creates in us a particular impression of that person. And once imprinted in the heart, this image might take a long time or a pretty lot of related incidents for any kind of alteration or changes. And it has to be during the course of this change that the words like shocked, stunned, amazed etc would come into picture.

There are many a people who cross our paths in this journey of life, but I think its really important to know all about the people who are close to us and part of family, atleast. That itself might take away a lifetime ofcourse; getting to know about your parents, siblings, husband wife and kids. And getting to know them would include understanding and relating to their past, present and future dreams and creating a picture that is very similar to the outside real one, inside our heart.

On a second thought, I guess, it should be this course of understanding each other that make lives easy for some of those people out there. For, as long as you take every reaction as a related new learning of the persona, there is no assumptions, no comparison and nothing to be upset about. When you are not trying to fit in a person with the image in your head, there is no course for dissatisfaction in anything that they do, for you tend to accept them as they are and more importantly you are open to identify that all new factor about the person.

Quite crazy a thing to think about, obviously; but am really wondering if the people close to me, who are always loving me, who wish me good times - Do they Reeaally know Who I Am? What I Am?

No comments: