Friday, February 27, 2009

Memories - II

An email from year 2007!

Memories; they bring in the shadow of the past along with the glow of present!

-----------------------------------------------

I
don't know how we get into these fights.

A fter them I look back at the ashes
M ore shocked than hurt, as when a light plane crashes

S lanting numb through strange, unearthly lights.
O h, how I wish I could get off that plane
R ushing to its rendezvous with tears!
R age is but a mask for my shy fears.
Y et I would die before I caused you pain.


-----------------------------------------------


I thought I must give up on life, And turn into a stone;
The desert wind quite suited me, No heart, no mind--just bone.

I thought it would be dumb to try, To want something again;
Wanting turns to need, and then,Transmogrifies to pain.

I laughed at people still loving to live,Who trusted someone's word;
To make my happiness depend,On faith, seemed quite absurd.

I lay alone and wonder-struck, Sleepless in my bed,
Still numb, still dumb, still ice cold, Not knowing I was dead.

And then you came and shone upon,My meadow full of snow,
And saw the flowers only love,Could recognize and grow;

And made me feel so beautiful,I shed my cold, cold skin,
And opened up my heart to you,And, fearful though, I let you in.

And from then, my dear, I am in love,
With all that I've been through,I know the worst of all the world

And I Believe in You!

-----------------------------------------------

T here aren't many things I've gotten right in life.
H ow you stay with me I'll never know.
A ll I can say is that I love you deeply,
N or could I stand the pain if you should go,
K nowing what I know of wind and night.

Y our love remains my passion and my light.
O nly that can fill my heart completely.
U nless you're there with me, all my life's laid low.

-----------------------------------------------

To say you are my world means,

That when I look at the sky I see your face,
And when I pause alone at the window;
I feel your hands on my back.

That the beauty of the garden,
Is all in the words I tell you;
That winter is my fear of losing you,
And that spring is the hope I never will.

That I have wrapped my life, completely around yours
That the beauty of a late summer evening is;
Inseparable from the beauty of our love.

-- -- With loads of love.... forever yours

No comments: